Sunday, March 13, 2011

Recap of Froggie-Themed Birthday Weekend

Last week was pretty hectic but I would do it all over again! My son's first birthday and birthday party were amazing thanks to wonderful family and friends who made it so special. I had lots of fun baking and decorating a frog smash cake and frog cupcakes.  I found so much inspiration online like this adorable frog cake and froggie cupcakes i just had to try.  Mine came out a little different but I was happy with the results. 


My main focus was decorating so I took the cake mix route, Duncan Hines, to be exact. The cake and cupcakes came out great! They were super moist, fluffy and delicious! A special thank you to my sister-in-law for her great tip! As per her suggestion, I filled a pan with water, about halfway, and placed it on the lower rack of the oven along with the cupcakes. The steam kept them nice and moist!  


Froggie cupcakes: For the eyes, I cut up a marshmallow into fours and stuck a chocolate morsel into the center of each one.  For the mouth, I used a Twizzler Pull and Peel. I put two cupcakes aside for the smash cake.


Smash cake: The smash cake had a banana cream pudding filing with fresh banana slices. The eyes were two cupcakes with Oreo cookies as eyeballs.  


Here are a few pics of the frog smash cake, froggie cupcakes, frog-shaped rice crispy treats, and the favor bag creations:

Frog "smash Cake" on display along with adorable cookies made by my sister-in-law (SIL), Michelle.


Sheet cake was from Costco.
Vanilla and chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting

Ghirardelli white chocolate coated rice crispy treats

Cute froggie bag courtesy of SIL, Chelly
Goodie bags and  CD Mix of children songs
Next week, I will be attempting a traditional St. Patrick's Day Meal.  Check back to see how it came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment