Sunday, January 23, 2011

Food Pictures Taken This Week

Happy Football Sunday to all the football fans out there! In the next couple weeks leading up to the Super Bowl, the theme of my cooking blog will be about the big day so I will be making delicious recipes I am going to share with you along with recipes from famous chefs that I will review. One of the recipes has to be some finger-licking chicken wings. I consider myself a good cook but for some reason, chicken wings pose a challenge for me. I once under-cooked them and have been a bit apprehensive about giving them another chance but I am sure one of my favorite chefs can help me. 


This week, my goal was to practice taking pictures of everything I cooked and I learned a lesson worth sharing. It is not nice to put out a plate full of warm caramel walnut brownies and make your house guest stand around as you try to capture the best picture. I can not take credit for the brownies because I made box brownies but not just any box, I made Ghiradhelli’s Caramel Turtle brownies. If you have not tried them, I highly recommend you do. Actually, I will let the below picture speak for itself!




Speaking of pictures, I would love to hear your feedback on what you think of the following three photos, as well as the above brownie picture.  I am also very open to any advice you would be kind enough to share on how to improve my shots.  This picture is of my half-eaten (couldn't help myself) sandwich I made the other day.




This is a simple chili I made using a packet recipe but I substituted ground turkey for ground beef since turkey is leaner and there isn't much of a taste difference, in my opinion.




This last picture is of guacamole I made using Tyler Florence's recipe omitting chili powder and cumin because I did not have any available.  It came out great!




Next week, I will be combining the chili and guacamole recipes to make a 7-Layer Mexican Dip, as well as, a wonderfully messy,  cheesy chili grilled cheese recipe called "The Alyssa"!

No comments:

Post a Comment